Saudi Press

Saudi Arabia and the world
Saturday, Feb 21, 2026

Kevin Spacey facing four counts of sexual assault against three men

Kevin Spacey facing four counts of sexual assault against three men

Crown Prosecution Service authorises criminal charges against the 62-year-old actor
The actor Kevin Spacey is facing four counts of sexual assault against three men, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.

The CPS said it had also authorised a charge against the 62-year-old of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

The alleged incidents took place in London between March 2005 and August 2008, and in Gloucestershire in April 2013.

The development follows a review of evidence gathered by the Metropolitan police in its previous investigation into the actor.

Rosemary Ainslie, the head of the CPS special crime division, said: “The CPS has authorised criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 62, for four counts of sexual assault against three men.

“The CPS has also authorised one charge of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”

It is understood that while the CPS has authorised the charges, Spacey has not been formally charged because he is not in the country. It said it could not confirm or deny whether Spacey will need to be extradited to the UK. In general in cases such as this, the person concerned can choose to return to face charges. If this does not happen, prosecutors could seek to start extradition proceedings.

The authorised charges include two counts of sexual assault in London in March 2005 relating to one complainant, a man who is now in his 40s.

Another includes a second complainant, a man who is now in his 30s, in London in August 2008. The authorised charge of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent relates to the same alleged victim.

The final authorised charge is sexual assault against a third victim, a man who is now in his 30s, in Gloucestershire in April 2013.

The Met said it had updated all those whose allegations formed part of its investigation.

Spacey is a two-time Oscar winner with the best supporting actor award for The Usual Suspects in 1996 and the best actor prize in 2000 for American Beauty. He is also known for his roles in Netflix’s House Of Cards and the films Seven, LA Confidential and Baby Driver.

He was artistic director of the Old Vic theatre in London between 2004 and 2015. He grew up in California but lived in the capital for more than a decade, previously saying London had become his home.

Sexual assault allegations were first publicly raised against him in October 2017 as the #MeToo movement grew.

He was dropped from his acclaimed role as the politician Francis Underwood in House of Cards after the allegations emerged. He also lost the role of the oil tycoon J Paul Getty in Ridley Scott’s film All the Money in the World.

Spacey largely disappeared from public view but it was reported last year that he had taken a small role as a detective in an Italian crime drama about a man wrongly suspected of child abuse.

A trailer for his new movie Peter Five Eight, in which Spacey plays a villain, launched at the Cannes Film Festival this week. It will be his first major role since the abuse allegations against him emerged.

Spacey has previously denied all the allegations against him.
Newsletter

Related Articles

Saudi Press
0:00
0:00
Close
Concerns Mount Over Potential Saudi Uranium Enrichment in Prospective US Nuclear Accord
Trump Directs Government to Release UFO and Alien Information
Trump Signs Global 10% Tariffs on Imports
Investability Emerges as the Defining Test of Saudi Arabia’s Next Market Phase
Saudi Arabia’s Packaging Market Accelerates as Sustainability and E-Commerce Drive Transformation
Saudi Arabia’s Strategic Minerals Drive Offers Lessons for Europe’s Supply Chain Ambitions
Saudi Arabia Unveils $32 Billion Push Into Theme Parks and Global Entertainment
Saudi Crude Exports to India Climb Sharply, Closing Gap With Russia
Saudi Arabia’s Halal Cosmetics Market Expands as Faith and Ethical Beauty Drive Growth
United Kingdom Denies U.S. Access to Military Base for Potential Iran Strike
ImmunityBio Secures Saudi Partnerships to Launch Flagship Cancer Therapy
Türkiye and Saudi Arabia Launch Expanded Renewable Energy Partnership
US Supreme Court Voids Trump’s Emergency Tariff Plan, Reshaping Trade Power and Fiscal Risk
UK Intensifies Efforts to Secure Saudi Investment in Next-Generation Fighter Jet Programme
Saudi Arabia Tops Middle East Green Building Rankings with Record Growth in 2025
Qatar and Saudi Arabia Each Commit One Billion Dollars to President Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ Initiative
Ramadan 2026 Prayer Times Set as Fasting Begins in Saudi Arabia and Egypt Announces Dates
Saudi Arabia Launches Ramadan 2026 Hotel Campaign to Boost Religious and Leisure Tourism
Saudi Arabia Seeks Reroute of Greece-Bound Fibre-Optic Cable Through Syria Instead of Israel
Saudi-Backed Scopely Acquires Majority Stake in Turkey’s Loom Games to Expand Mobile Portfolio
Zodiac Milpro Launches Zid Marine Joint Venture in Saudi Arabia to Expand Regional Shipbuilding
Saudi Arabia Reaffirms Reform Path Amid Claims of Ideological Reversal
Calls Grow for Saudi Arabia and UAE to Settle Differences Through Direct Dialogue
Jensen Huang just told the story of how Elon Musk became NVIDIA’s very first customer for their powerful AI supercomputer
British couple sentenced to 10 years in Iran for espionage
Former British Prince Andrew Arrested on Suspicion of Misconduct in Public Office
Unitree Robotics founder Wang Xingxing showcases future robot deployment during Spring Festival Gala.
Prince William Holds Talks with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman During Saudi Visit
Saudi Arabia’s Humain Commits $3 Billion Investment to Elon Musk’s xAI
SCOPA Executive Unveils Ambitious Relaunch Strategy for Saudi Production Company
Saudi Arabia Sees Rise in Business Visa Rejections Amid Tighter Compliance Checks
Saudi PIF Transfers Take-Two Stake to Savvy Games Group in Strategic Gaming Push
Jimmy Carr Says He ‘Loved’ Saudi Arabia Show Amid Debate Over Performing in the Kingdom
Sotheby’s ‘Origins II’ Auction Signals Saudi Collectors’ Shift Toward Cultural Legacy
EY and Microsoft Deepen Saudi Arabia Partnership with Launch of EY Studio+
Google Pay Launches Support for Mastercard Cards in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia Bolsters Maritime Surveillance Fleet with Four C-27J Patrol Aircraft
Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia Deepen Strategic Partnership with New Investment and Energy Agreements
Saudi Crown Prince Receives Written Message from Kazakhstan’s President Amid Expanding Strategic Ties
ImmunityBio Shares Rise After Saudi Arabia BCG Manufacturing Update Spurs Investor Optimism
Global Music Star Tyla Confirmed as Headliner at 2026 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Entertainment Lineup
Somalia and Saudi Arabia Forge New Military Partnership Amid Regional Power Shifts
Saudi Arabia and Several Nations Criticize Israeli West Bank Land Measures as Diplomatic Tensions Rise
Saudi Public Investment Fund Transfers Stake in Take-Two Interactive as Portfolio Strategy Evolves
Saudi Arabia’s Flagship Defense Expo Highlights Industrial Ambitions and Expanding Arms Portfolio
Strategic Divergence Deepens as Saudi Arabia and UAE Recalibrate Gulf Partnership
Saudi Arabia Confirms Start of Ramadan as Crescent Moon Sighted, While Other Nations Begin a Day Later
Rubio Calls for Sweeping U.N. Reform, Saying It Has Failed to End Wars in Gaza and Ukraine
10,000 Condoms Distributed at Winter Olympics 2026 Athlete Village Depleted Within 72 Hours
Prince William Meets Saudi Crown Prince as Epstein-Andrew Fallout Casts Shadow
×